Why Choose MVA?
Miami Valley Academies K-8 school is designed so students can reach their fullest potential in a safe, personalized learning environment. We are a tuition-free charter school that serves all of Ohio, but is heavily invested in the Miami Valley and its communities. Our funds are supplemented by federal grants, which makes us free to all Ohioans. Our goal is to discover what each student wants to achieve post-graduation and provide them with the opportunities and the paths they need to realize their visions. All of our material aligns to the Ohio Department of Education’s standards while maintaining a unique and individualized environment. What are some of the things we offer?
- Classes from kindergarten to 8th grade (K-8), broken into Academies (link to Academies page)
- All-day kindergarten to give all students a chance to take their best first step forward.
- No tuition allows us to accept a wide variety of students for a high-quality education
- Small 18:1 student/teacher ratio helps students get the support and attention they deserve.
- A caring and highly qualified teaching staff dedicated to your child’s academic progress.
- State-of-the-art technology systems including SciTEX Science labs, interactive whiteboards, and computers in every classroom
- A safe and secure location convenient to many Dayton suburbs.
- 100 percent graduation rate – Every graduate leaves MVA with a high school diploma and the skills and knowledge needed to pursue college education or a meaningful career.
- All students are given a wide variety of career and college experiences
- Advance Placement Courses (AP Courses)
- Continuous improvement as a part of our Race to the Top initiatives.
Safety and District Information – Transportation
Our interactive approach to learning and tight knit community is going to make your child want to come to school, and there are multiple transportation options to get them here. We work closely with local school districts to ensure our students have access to free bussing to the school. For those students located closer to the school (or do not have access to school busses), there is an RTA stop conveniently located by the school using Route 18 or 24. RTA also has a tool that can help you plan your child’s route. Students of driving age can park at our facilities for free.